Grilled Salmon with Couscous & Yogurt Dressing
This salmon recipe is the perfect mid-week meal...
Cooking time: 6 - 10 minutes
- 4 x 180g salmon fillet, skin removed and pin boned
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cup water
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 spring onion, sliced thinly
- 2 red chili, sliced thinly
- 2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
Tips: Half way through cooking the salmon turn 90 degrees to get the criss-cross bar marking on the flesh.
1. Preheat the bbq with the burners on high with the hood down to 200 degrees, then turn the burner off on the side not being used.
2. Add boiled water to the couscous and cover, leave for 2-3 minutes. Once the water has been absorbed, fluff with a fork and add a little oil to keep it from sticking.
3. Once the couscous cools add the tomatoes, spring onion, chili and red onion. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
4. Lightly oil the grills to prevent sticking. Oil and season the salmon and place on the hot grill, cook for 3 minutes. Turn over and cook for a further 3 minutes.
5. Mix the yogurt and lemon juice together and pour over the couscous salad.
6. Place cooked salmon on top.