Southern Style Fried Chicken
This classic Southern recipe is served with a creamy spring onion and black pepper mayonnaise for a real kick
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 400g boiled chicken breast, cut into large chunks
- 400g plain flour
- 2tsp smoky paprika
- 2tsp chili powder
- 2tsp onion powder
- 2tsp dried mixed herbs
- 200g mayonnaise
- 2 spring onion, sliced thinly
- 1 litre vegetable oil
* This recipe requires the optional trivet accessory
1. Remove the grill and replace with the optional trivet accessory.
2. Place wok or deep pot with vegetable oil on trivet and turn on the burner directly underneath.
3. If using a thermometer, heat vegetable oil until it reaches 180 degrees. If not, test the oil by dropping in a cube of bread, if it starts frying, it's ready.
4. In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients. Set aside.
5. Add the spring onions to the mayonnaise and season well with black pepper.
6. Coat the chicken pieces with the flour and spice mix. Make sure they are well coated.
7. Once the oil is up to temperature, gently drop into the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown (2-3 minutes).
8. Take out and place on to absorbent paper to drain excess oil.
9. Serve Hot.