Scallops with Black Pudding & Tomato Sauce
Teaming the delicate flavour of scallops with bold black pudding works a treat in this dish
Cooking time: Approx. 1 hour
- 12 scallops, cleaned, taken out from shell.
- 12 thick slices of black pudding
- baby herbs
- olive oil
Homemade Tomato Sauce
- 2 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 large red chili, deseeded, sliced
- 2 tin tomatoes
Tip: If black pudding is not available this dish will also work with a quality Italian sausage cut into disks.
1. Make tomato sauce. Sweat down the onion and garlic with the chili in a little olive oil, once cooked add in tinned tomatoes, cook out for a further 15 minutes. Season and blend until smooth.
2. Turn on both burners and pre-heat the bbq with the hood down to 200 degrees.
3. Season the black pudding disks and oil lightly, place on the hot grill and cook each side for about 1 1/2 minutes, once cooked set aside.
4. Season and oil the scallops. Add to the grill and sear. Once they have a mark from the grill on them flip them and do the same to the other side. This should take about 30 seconds each side.
5. To plate, place the black pudding on a plate and place the hot scallop on top. Drizzle with a generous amount of tomato sauce, scatter baby herbs around the plate and serve.