COVID-19 Update from Masport
As Masport responds to the outbreak of COVID-19, the health and safety of our employees and customers remain our top priority.
We believe slowing the spread of COVID-19 is the best policy and we are following the New Zealand Ministry of Health guidelines.
Some of our recently introduced policies are:
- Our field staff will phone ahead before visiting any customer to confirm it is ok to call on your store.
- We will avoid all meetings in confined spaces, keep social distance and avoid shaking hands.
- We have improved and more frequent cleaning of our public areas and shared spaces as well as offices, using appropriate disinfectants.
- We have initiated policies for sales and office staff ensuring everyone takes personal responsibility and follows strict hygiene guidelines by keeping a 2m distance, avoiding unnecessary contact, performing frequent and regular hand hygiene as well as other personal protection measures.
- We are utilising digital meeting spaces and when possible cancelling direct meetings, interviews, and unnecessary business travel to reduce contact.
- We have tested and have further IT options available for staff who are able and required to work remotely if necessary.
- Strict self-isolation policies for staff feeling unwell or having returned from overseas travel.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to customers, suppliers, and contractors with obvious symptoms as outlined by the New Zealand Ministry of Health.
- We are continually planning for further escalation of measures as the COVID-19 situation develops.
- In conjunction with our business partners, we are also working on ensuring that our product supply is minimally affected. Our stock levels are good and stock is arriving on a regular basis.
We hope that everyone within our communities is proactively doing their part to prevent and contain the spread of COVID-19. We all must apply compassion, understanding, common sense and personal responsibility at this time.
The Masport Team