A great light snack for vegetarians, Halloumi seared on the BBQ is always a crowd pleaser...
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 200g halloumi cheese, cubed
- 1 cucumber, cut into large slices
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 sweet corn, cut into large slices
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut in to large pieces
- olive oil
Tip: Make sure all components are roughly the same size to ensure they all take the same time to cook.
1. Turn on the burners and preheat the grill with the hood down for 5 minutes.
2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and drizzle in oil.
3. Feed the vegetables in a random order through each skewer.
4. Place on the hot grill and cook with the hood open. When the grill starts to leave marks on the food rotate until all sides are marked. This will only take a couple of minutes a side.
5. Serve with a squeeze of lemon to bring out the flavor in the halloumi.