Cinnamon French Toast with Maple & Pecan Butter
Ohhh la la...Start the day off with a bang with this mouth-watering French toast recipe, a real sweet treat!
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 thick slices of bread
- 2 slices of streaky bacon
- 3 eggs
- 30ml milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 100g butter, softened
- 20g toasted pecan nuts, chopped
- 20ml maple syrup
- 20g sugar
1. Remove one grill and replace with optional flat hotplate, smooth side up.
2. Turn on the burner directly under the grill and wait a few minutes until the grill has heated up.
3. Cook the bacon on the grill for approximately 10 minutes till crispy, set aside. Turn off the burner.
4. Mix sugar and cinnamon together, set aside.
5. In a bowl mix the butter, maple syrup and pecans. Once mixed place on a piece of cling wrap.
6. Form the butter mix into a log shape in the centre of the cling wrap and fold cling wrap over it. Roll into a log holding both ends of the log rolling it towards you. tie off the ends and place in the fridge to set.
7. Pre-heat the BBQ with the hood down for 5 minutes.
8. In a bowl whisk eggs and milk together. One at a time lay the bread in the egg mix to soak it up, turn bread carefully once so there is an even soak.
9. Once hot, lightly oil the hotplate with cooking spray. Fry the eggy bread until golden brown on both sides (approximately 3-4 minutes each side) and the center feels firm to the touch, if soggy continue to cook on a low heat.
10. Once cooked dust the bread with the sugar and slice the butter on top of the hot toast so it melts over the surface, serve with the cooked bacon.