Lemon & Sugar Crepes
Delicate and delicious, crepes can be served sweet or savoury. This classic combination is a dessert favourite or try it with ham and cheese for a lunchtime treat.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 35 minutes
- 150g plain flour
- 1tsp sugar
- 240ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 10g butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- Icing sugar to serve
Tip: Use non-stick spray between cooking crepes for smooth flipping!
1. Mix the eggs, flour, milk, salt and the sugar in a bowl with a blender.
2. Blend until smooth, strain into a jug. cover and set aside to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
3. Place a pizza stone on the grill and preheat the BBQ with the hood down to 200 degrees.
4. When hot, spray lightly with non-stick oil and pour crepe batter onto the stone and using a spatula spread the mix to achieve a thin crepe.
5. Cook for about 2 minute on each side or until golden.
6. Slip it onto a plate and fold in half. Fold in half again.
7. Repeat until the batter is finished.
8. Squeeze lemon onto the stack and dust with sugar as you go.