Cajun Roast Chicken with Vegetables
Treat the family to a traditional Sunday roast with a spicy twist!
Cooking time: Approx. 1 hour
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 Tablespoons Cajun spice powder
- 4 roasting potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, quartered
- 5 cloves of garlic – peeled
- 1 clove of garlic - minced and lightly fried
- 1/2 small onion – diced and lightly fried
- 1/2 bunch of thyme - chopped
- 2 slices of stale bread, blitzed in a food processor
- olive oil
1. Set up the BBQ for indirect cooking (Refer to product manual)
2. Combine fried onion, fried garlic, thyme, butter and bread crumbs together and set aside.
3. Mix the Cajun spice with a little oil until its looser than a paste, then roll the chicken in it to coat.
4. Stuff the chicken with the breadcrumb mix.
5. Place the chicken in the baking dish and ensure to use a wire rack to elevate the chicken. Surround the chicken with potatoes, sweet potatoes and garlic cloves – Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
6. Place the baking dish in the BBQ. Be careful – The grill is very hot.
7. Cook with the hood down for an hour or until chicken is cooked (when the juices run clear if you cut into the thickest part)